Monday, October 27, 2008

Punkin' Patch....

We took Matilda to her first pumpkin patch on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. I'm sure we got ripped off on the price of pumpkins but it's nice to keep a local place in business, right? I guess you pay for the experience...we got to take a wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch and pick them out, so...it was nice.



Bilda notices the pumpkin patch





She likes the dirt best of all




We ran into some people I remembered meeting before. It was a family that was in the ER the day that Mike had his appendix out. Their son (and brother) had his appendix out the same day as Mike. He actually got to go first because we sat at Starbucks and Mike ate a cookie after his CT scan and before he knew he needed to have his appendix out. Looooong story...but I remember sitting in the waiting room with them and the little niece wanted to sit by us on the wagon ride back. She was soooooo sweet!

With our friend, Brooklyn


Matilda wanted to stand up and hold hands...
so did Brooklyn



Lost in thought...???




4 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Oooo, I've been waiting for these pix. You didn't freak out when Tilda got her hands all dewrty?! Did you have a wet wipe in your pocket, that you hadn't eaten?

Love the pix, and yeah, those punkin patch prices get ya! Are you carving?

Momo said...

Now THAT WAS HILARIOUS!! I love the way you snuck that in, too...did I have a wet wipe I hadn't eaten???? I seriously guffawed out loud at that!!!

I just brushed her hands off...I think once we got back she actually found some mud in front of the place and we did have to use a wet wipe before she got in the car...I try to let her explore everything...hmmmm...maybe that's a lie - the truth is I can't stop her from doing whatever she wants! ;0)

Yes, I think we will carve...we better hurry ourselves up or it'll be over! I'll be sure to post those masterpieces...

Cassie said...

You and Matilda look so much alike in that second to last picture!

Momo said...

Cassie: Thank you! You are one of few people that say that...I totally agree with you that she looks like me! I think it will become more evident after she gets more hair!