Tuesday, October 14, 2008

D.C.

We went to D.C. this past weekend. A spur of the moment thing. Just decided that we really should go since we're only about 350 miles away and Mike had Monday off for Columbus Day.

It was a blast! We walked and walked and walked and went back to our hotel each night and swam in the pool and crashed.

Of course, we took lots of photos but I'm sooooo bummed because I accidentally erased a whole day's worth of pictures. I've got some recovery software on the way so - keep your fingers crossed for me! I had some really cute photos of Matilda walking around the Air & Space Museum with her hands folded behind her back. There are actually TWO of the Air Museums in D.C. (lucky for Mike). She LOVED it at the first one by the airport - it wasn't very crowded, there was nothing for her to destroy and she could roam freely right next to us.

The next day, we headed downtown to see the sites! It was just amazing to see the places that are such a part of our history and lives as Americans.

(I wish we'd had time to meet up with Wendy and Kristin while we were in town! I was telling Lori that we really should all meet up again sometime....Road trip!)




Mike thought it would be hiLARious

if he took a picture of this picture from the Smithsonian
and told Lori that he took it in an aquarium there.
Guess I just ruined that plan.



Water fountain by the Art Museum.
Made me wistful and think of the "Love & Marriage" Fountain in Chicago.





I liked this guy's choice of a seat.

(Above and below.)



Ice cream break.



Second day of Air Museum - not as exciting for Matilda.
And waaaaaay too crowded.




View from the Washington Monument to the Lincoln Memorial.





Trying to get a photo with Matilda...but she has her own plan!


View from the Lincoln Memorial toward the Washington Monument.
I guess that's obvious.
BUT, I wasn't sure we'd make it - so it meant a lot to me!











3 comments:

Cassie said...

I love the "This guy... goes in there" pictorial!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you covered a lot of ground! I wish you'd had time, but next time. Promise?

And yes, a road trip in the future sounds amazing....

See you soon!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

That is one nasty fish. If he were in my aquarium, I'd accidentally kill him.

Love these pix, I thought I'd commented here already!