Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Michelle Obama Rally

Wooohooo! Bilda and I saw Michelle Obama speak today in Jacksonville, NC. For once, I can say I'm thankful I live in the middle of nowhere North Carolina because we actually got to sit pretty close. It was amazing.

We also almost didn't make it inside the building so that made our luck seem even better when we got a good seat! The place filled up fast...it was an emotional sight for me to see all the people that showed up! Just incredible. I was thrilled.

She talked a lot about military families. We all cheered and cheered each time a speaker mentioned the military heroes and the sacrifices their families make and gave standing ovation after ovation.

Bilda and I made it through most of the event. Almost near the end, Bilda decided she was going to steal my camera and slam it on the floor....I objected and she screeched, so we booked outta there!

Overall - - it was an amazing day!




3 comments:

Cassie said...

Rock that Obama shirt, girl! The BF and I tried to go to the rally in Greensboro a couple of weeks ago, but we got there late and the line to get in was so long that we couldn't find the end of it.

Anonymous said...

HOW NEAT! I'm incredibly jealous of you. :-)

Don said...

That is awesome, especially seeing how much you welcome Michelle Obama.

Thanks for sharing.