It is an understatement that time has flown for me. I don't think I can remember every year!
- I remember the first year. I bought him a Burroughs book and a card. He told me as I was leaving to go home that he didn't believe in Valentine's Day or something foreign to me like that...probably he just didn't get around to getting me something. I'm sure I couldn't hide my disappointment. What can I say? I'm a sap...a sucker for V-day.
- Surprisingly, the next year I received a beautiful, romantic delivery at work from Red Envelope.
- I'm fuzzy from here until I remember a time at OUR HOME after we were married and he fixed me orange roughy and snap peas that we ate by candlelight.
- Then I remember a year in we spent in Oklahoma City. I visited him while he was at training for work and I was pregnant with our daughter. I remember a rose with a sweet note greeting me at the door while I waited for him to get home from school that day...and the excitement we felt about us growing as a family.
- And last year was pretty blurry here...our first year in North Carolina...
- Then today, we signed more paperwork on our house, had frozen pizza at home and listened to music and danced with Matilda.
I wouldn't trade a moment for anything. I'm so grateful to be where I am today. And look forward to 20 hundred million more...