Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Political Blog...

I really don't blog very much about my political views BUT I would say that politics is a big part of my life right now...well, maybe not politics soooo much as I am just very, very interested in this upcoming election and I am hopeful that my candidate will win.

I was very pleased to be awakened Saturday morning at 3:25 A.M. ET by the text message announcing Sen. Joe Biden as Obama's running mate...what a great way to start my morning! I even crazily stumbled downstairs to get online to see if it was really true - I even felt like I was the first to know! And I wondered if anyone had posted it online yet...OF COURSE they had!

I'm so glad that Biden is the VP nominee...he is outspoken and passionate in his work. And we need someone fighting for us out there.

Then tonight, I was pleasantly surprised with Michelle Obama's speech. I'm not surprised that she was open and articulate...or that it was a moving speech - - actually I guess I wasn't surprised at all. The Obamas continually move me.

Michelle Obama just reminded me of one of the main reasons I'm voting for her husband. She mentioned that Barack wants to be President to give their daughters and all children a more promising future. Of course, my daughter's future is the single most important thing to me...I can't wait to cast my vote for HOPE in November.


1 comment:

Don said...

I too think Michelle Obama gave an arousing speech.