Friday, August 15, 2008

1st Birthday

Our Bilda turned 1 a few weeks ago...I definitely meant to blog this earlier but we went home to Illinois for her birthday (YAY!) and I've been recovering from that AND staying up all night watching the Olympics like a complete nerd!

But what an amazing year it has been. Sometimes I look at her and just marvel at how she has changed. I would say that this year has flown by - but it actually feels like it has been the longest year of my life. With moving cross country and just that fact that Matilda has grown and learned sooo much, each month feels almost like a year in itself.

I feel like she has been around forever...sometimes it's hard to remember a time in my life before her. She is the greatest joy of my life (our life)! Mike and I gaze at her in awe and adoration...and sometimes I think our hearts will just burst!

I cannot even begin to describe how wonderfully she has changed our lives...she is the single most beautiful thing we have ever done...




























2 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

She IS beautiful, I love her too! So glad we got to share her 1st birthday with you and your family! xoxoxo

EdotR said...

I love the picture where she is with her dad, amazing resemblance...and of course the "kiss me I'm cute" bib...

Happy B-Day Bilda!! God Bless!!