Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'll Keep Going...

I was not sure what to expect from Hillary's speech tonight...it seemed like an insurmountable task - to unify the party. We will see how it worked but I, for one, was very impressed. She did a fantastic job...

I am and have been an Obama supporter - I am a liberal and I have always been a Democrat. I know that I would've voted the Democratic ticket no matter who the candidate was...so I cannot say how this speech will affect die-hard Hillary supporters but I can say that I thought Hillary was brilliant and pulled it all together clearly!

Some of my favorite lines:

"No way. No how. No McCain."

"Barack Obama is my candidate. And he must be our President."

"I want you to ask yourselves: Were you in this campaign just for me?"

"We don't have a moment to lose or a vote to spare."

"Nothing less than the fate of our nation and the future of our children hang in the balance."

"I want you to think about your children and grandchildren come election day. And think about the choices your parents and grandparents made that had such a big impact on your life and on the life of our nation. We've got to ensure that the choice we make in this election honors the sacrifices of all who came before us, and will fill the lives of our children with possibility and hope."




Rep. Dennis Kucinich gave a rousing speech, too! Loved it!


No comments: