Thursday, August 24, 2006

Du na na na na na na na na BATMAN!!

OK. My chance finally arrived. I know everyone's been so excited about this. I'm guessing just about as excited as I am to probably have a friggin' colony of bats in, on, around, up on inside my flippin' house.

The bat pics aren't too house flattering. Believe it or not, we worked our asses of trying to redo this room earlier this year. A friend of mine (thanks, Aimer!) even came to help me paint. Multiple ceiling problems, wall problems, etc. prevent this room from just being painted and looking good. For some reason, some freak-of-nature-genius-type thought it'd be a great idea to wallpaper the whole ceiling and walls and then paint over it. There may be some "structural" purpose to this - but so far I haven't found it. AND despite my husband's hardwork that involved scraping all of the paper off the ceiling and starting fresh - I somehow managed to screw that up while he was out of town in my painting attempts. The paint peeled off the ceiling and now there's a lovely uneven texture up that looks like $hit. It's still an improvement from before:



(notice the lovely, bright, cornea-searing yellow and all of the ceiling scrapings on the ground)


After:





Anyway, the point of all this is - when you see this photo taken of a lovely, captive bat in our spare room (that no one will ever want to stay in) - is "IGNORE THE STATE OF MY OLD A$$, UGLY A$$ HOUSE). Just enjoy the view of the potentially rabid, diseased creature inhabiting our living space. (And as crazy and lousy as a painter that I am - I did NOT drip paint on the vent - it was already there when we moved in. I think.)



If anyone's counting (I know I certainly am) - that is TWO so far this year. Hell, this month!

He (she?) - IT may be still be trapped inside my house somewhere - but by gosh and by golly - it's been photographed. And blogged.

3 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Yeah, ok, that is so much scarier than when you tell it at the coffee shop! Why did I ever think bats were cute?!!

Twisted DNA said...

I agree. Bats do look disgusting! But they are prompting you to blog though. So they can't be all that bad :)

ilaiy said...

Bats .. Man that would creep me out .. Well house looks good .. You could try burning something with a light flame .. Someone told wind and light would try to keep them away ..

./thanks
ilaiy