Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Aggie and Tuffy


We got Aggie and Tuffy from a supervisor of mine (Ellie) at my last job. We only had one cat at the time and Ellie asked if we wanted a kitten. Of course, I wanted a kitten. We had just bought our house and were about to move in so there wasn't any of the apartment deposit hassle you normally have to go through. We talked about what colors the kitties were - she said she had an orange tabby. I told her that I've always wanted an orange tabby. That settled it.

So, I called the vet to schedule an appointment. The lady at the vet's office asked if there were any other kittens - she wanted a kitten too. So, I talked to Ellie and, yes, she had another kitten. She would bring it along too. She didn't really explain what color it was to me. (I don't think she knew what to call it.) Anyway, we were at the new house cleaning and painting, etc. and Ellie brought the new babies over. The other kitten happened to be a tortie (black w/orange specks) - I'VE ALWAYS WANTED A TORTIE! [Now, it would probably be accurate to think that I've ALWAYS wanted EVERY type of cat out there - kinda true, but - I had never owned either of these types and for whatever reason, always wanted an orange tabby and a tortie.]

Anyway, there they were and, thankfully, Mike said that he didn't think there was anyway we could separate these two. So, Aggie and Tuffy became ours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the pic is special!!!
Guess cos I took it!