Saturday, April 05, 2008

I shudder to think

So, we were at the Brady Bunch house this afternoon, checking things out and measuring spaces...

We let Matilda crawl around on the carpet. Her dad is much more protective than I am and he said:

"Oh, she's got a leaf."

Me: "That's OK."

Hubband: "Well, what if she eats it?"

Me: "Oh, she won't, but if she does - that's OK."

Hubband: "It's not a leaf - it's a dead wolf spider!"

(It looked pretty much just like this one.)

I absolutely abhor spiders! Can't stand 'em. I completely shut down if I think about having to actually **touch** one. I could only shake her hand so that she would drop the spider...thank goodness it was dead.

It's probably my most traumatic moment of her childhood (so far!)

1 comment:

EdotR said...

Haven't been through here in the longest...and Matilda is just plain bee-U-tee-Ful!!!