Monday, April 07, 2008

Coffeeeeeeeeeeee

I have been hooked on coffee again. We bought a small 5 cup machine and I'm brewing it almost every night, noshing my favorite cookies and sippin' mah coffee. Every weekend, I enjoy at least one trip to Star*bucks. I honestly love their coffee. It has this addictive, beautiful flavor. Or maybe it's their syrup - I'm not sure. At the same time, I feel ashamed to shout out my love since they are a monopoly and I do like to frequent small businesses. I can't help it though. It's kind of like my part-time vegetarianism. Sometimes, animals are too delicious to pass up.

We stopped by Star*bucks this weekend while out shopping and since the drive thru was backed up, Mr. Marcer went inside. I called my mom to chat while I was waiting and was perplexed to see him walk back with a small bag. A bag could only mean one thing - a sweet treat! He rarely ever splurges (without me being there to whine about wanting something) - so I couldn't help but stare at his sack while he walked to the car. Inside was a lovely, cinnamony treat:




I saved it until we got home and enjoyed it (with even more coffee) while watching some of the basketball tournament. It was actually prettier than it was tasty, but still a very sweet thought overall.

And since I'm far, far away from my beloved Kopi, I do like to keep one small part of home with me:


(It almost looks like GNG's handwriting on here!)

2 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I've been drifting back to coffee again, after inexplicably switching to chai last November. Not everyday, the coffee, mostly just weekend mornings. I've never been a big starbucks's fan; the strong flavor is reminscent of the smell of an ashtray to me (sorry, it just is)...For some reason my fav. coffee these days is "Dunkin Donuts" brand. I have regular and decaf at home...and since they're suddenly in every gas station along Illinois interstates, I pull over to refresh on roadtrips also.

Spent Friday eve in Kopi, working on TFT stuff; saw pants and undies fall off of a drunk at the microwave. Allll the way off. Always exciting there.

Momo said...

GNG: "smell of an ashtray"... hmmmmm...maybe that's why I like it! ;0)

I've heard that DD has great coffee...

Aaaaah, Friday night at Kopi! Sounds good - sorry I missed drunk, naked guy!