Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Weekend Trips

We had a GREAT weekend. Went lots of places...ate lots of food (our usual for the weekend). I save up allllll my eating for the weekend!

Friday night at dinner, an older lady walked up and said to Mike: "I just want to say 'Thank you'." Mike was perplexed for a moment but soon realized she wanted to thank him for his military service. Mike was in the Navy and was in the first Gulf War. We are in a military town and have tons of Marines here...we usually just think of them first. I almost forgot that my husband is a veteran for a moment!

On Sunday, we toured the Battleship North Carolina in Wilmington. One of my favorite shows (One Tree Hill) is filmed in Wilmington and we came across a mural featured in the finale last week adjacent to the battleship parking lot. I was as excited as a kid in a candy store! (I am such a dork!!)


(the words are the lyrics from the Cure song - I Will Always Love You)

I had Mike take this picture of more dorks (taking pictures) as I we drove away....I'm not the only one!



The actual battleship, then:

















On Monday, more eating.

Matilda LOVED the fettuccine - - - loved it so much she just sucked the sauce right off the noodles and never ate any of them. We found a very large pile in her lap after we picked her up. I don't think she actually ate one noodle.

She's acting goofy in the picture below - - not upset at all...she kept leaning back and making strange faces.




Then it was off to a local zoo. Matilda loves looking at animals, so we knew she would enjoy it.










The owner of the zoo brought out some animals for Matilda to enjoy. You can hear him cooing in this video! He is such an enthusiastic, nice man.



1 comment:

Cassie said...

Wilmington is such a nice city. I love the downtown area. That battleship is freaking huge. It just goes on forever. I need to get myself to the beach soon, it's certainly getting warm enough. I'm moving from Southern Pines to Durham tomorrow and it is supposed to be HOT. I hope we don't all die.