Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Guilty Pleasure


Let's just say that I went to this very popular, retail store over the weekend that we never go to. For many reasons. Some of which I can't completely remember...BUT one I definitely do is that they are usually soooo crowded and the people are so rude that I was afraid I would stroke out every time I went there - so, Target is our normal shopping place (except for groceries).


But, I have to admit I was like a kid in a candy store the other day. Everything seemed so cheap! Earlier in the weekend we were browsing at a new bookstore that opened in our town (finally) and I have been pining for a Crystal Gayle greatest hits CD. We found it there for $18.99. Too much! They had some other choices but none that had all of the songs I wanted. (What is the deal with that anyway??? I think they do it on purpose so you have to buy more CDs.) Mike told me buy it anyway - but I couldn't bear to. Why give them those extra bucks?? I usually buy most of my CDs and stuff on Amazon anyway and figured I'd check there.

The next day we went to a smaller town with a few shops and decided to try their Wal*Mart for my elusive CD. We didn't find it in the regular alphabetized part of the aisle but Mike was perusing the various artists that were on sale dirt cheap and as I was doing the same thing, I asked him if he found it. No, he didn't think he saw anything worth mentioning. Of course, when I looked up he had placed this right in my line of vision:

for
$8.82!!

What???? The exact same CD I had looked at earlier for more than $10 less! WTF?? Wow! What luck! They are THE largest music retailer for a reason I guess...

And we found Matilda's organic biter biscuits I like to get her. Plus, these new

rice treats that she absolutely loves!

AND we found some pjs for her with her favorite characters on them (Sponge Bob and Elmo). Not that she watches them just yet, but she likes her mom's Sponge Bob pjs - she is entranced by his eyes. And she has several Elmo toys and books and she loves his big eyes, too. One thing I don't understand are these 3 piece pajama sets. You can either get a set with two shirts and one pair of pants or a set with two paints and one shirt. It gives me a headache! As I was lamenting this fact, I noticed that the extra Sponge Bob shirt would match the extra Elmo pants and so it was perfect! 3 whole new pajama sets in Bilda's favorite characters!

Also, did I mention that I just happened across my favorite childhood book that I've been wanting to get for Matilda and thought I would have to order online. Just stumbled across it - for $2.50:



Jackpot!!!

I'm sure we'll head back there again sometime. We like to go to this smaller town that is actually closer to where we are living. We'll still have our weekly Target runs...but when we need more Mum Mums (and I'm SURE we will)...we'll probably end up with a cart full of stuff we never knew we had to have!


2 comments:

Cassie said...

Wow, I think I had that Grover book when I was growing up too. I also specifically remember another book where he was playing hide and seek and another where he went to the museum of everything. Grover was so much cooler than Elmo.

BostonPobble said...

That was one of my favorite books as well. When I found it a few years ago, I grabbed it up, kids or no kids. ;) Glad to hear Matilda will get old-school as well as the "new" Muppets.