Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Finnish Felines

A few years ago, my husband introduced me to a friend, Markus, that he met through his old work. Mike used to travel the world installing flight simulators and met Markus and some really neat people in Finland. And everytime they'd come to the States to visit for work - we'd go out for dinner and beers and coffee and conversation...

I always had a wonderful time visiting with everyone. And Markus and his wife, Taru, even had Mike out to dinner at their house when he went to Finland to work. Taru helped Mike pick out a beautiful necklace to bring home to me as a gift. The last time he visited, Markus brought us a lovely book filled with Finnish scenery that he and his wife bought for us.

And everytime Markus was in town he'd show us pictures of his wife and his "zoo" at home. Turns out - they love animals just as much (if not more) than we do. He e-mailed us some beautiful pictures of his family and I wanted to share them with you here.


Taru and Ossi

Pompsula

Spii

Ryyni

Leimu

Hermanni


Tuttis

Netta

Of course, I've listed the dog last. But what a beautiful dog it is! And I love the foliage!

1 comment:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

What great pix, and a great story about nice friends. If I ever get another pet, I'll let Marcus and Taru name it; those are fun names.