Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas...

"Merry Christmas" and "Happy Holidays" and "Happy Hannukah" and "Happy Everything" to everyone who celebrates something. I'm just glad for time with family and good food and fun and festivities. And don't forget gifts! I love gifts!

My only kitty pic to offer is from last year. When the kitties "helped" us wrap gifts.


(So, sister - "No. You didn't get anything from BananaRamaDingDongPostleOutfitters." I walked in there and walked out. The music reminds me of a techno club. And their crap is overpriced and sized for small monkeys. OK, enough of that. I think it must be official - I'm a curmudgeon!)

We haven't wrapped this year's gifts yet. I just finished all my shopping yesterday. And came home to find that my hubband had got the ol' tree ready for decorating. I was soooo happy!! I know it's late to start this, but it just doesn't feel like Christmas without it. And he knew that and he's the one that does all the work of putting the thing up and lugging in the boxes of decorations and he still wanted me to have it.

It's just that this is what usually happens:

**Lucky! Look what you've done to my tree!!!

So the beautiful tree turns into a constant source of irritation while kitties climb up it and try to eat it and bat ornaments off it...

Actually, now that I think of it - it's ONLY ONE kitty of the five that causes so much trouble and he is, of course, pictured above.

BUT, we're gonna have a tree!! And I'm gonna play Christmas music and we'll decorate it and then maybe watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I love that movie!!!!! I used to watch it with my grandpa...I have almost every line of the movie memorized**.

And, even if we don't do all of the things we would've done every other year - and we don't end up decorating the tree tonight and watching Christmas shows - I'm going to have a great Christmas. My husband tried hard to make sure of it. AND - I'm going to spend time with my family and I'm gonna love every friggin' minute of it!!

1 comment:

Woof said...

Next year: a poison tree...or we'll decorate the current tree with glue traps.