Thursday, April 27, 2006

Visit

Hey Marcy and Mike,

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed coming to see you! I really mean it! It was good to get away and just take time to enjoy my family! I wish I could come back this weekend!

Thank you so much for pampering me!!!! I love you both!!!!!!!

Here's some pictures. Enjoy! Tell all at the coffee shop Thank You. Good people!

Love,
The Mom



My mom and sister came to visit us last weekend. We worked and worked to get ready for them to come, buying a new bed, finishing a spare room and cleaning our fool heads off!!

It was all worth it.


The Coffee Shop - Friday night



We went to U of I on Saturday to try to feed the squirrels. Unfortunately, we only found one. But we did do some people watching.


There was some sort of "poker run" in Sadorus. Although, I've heard the term used many times, I'm not sure exactly what it means, except a large group of bikers riding around to different areas on a beautiful day. It was an amazing site.


The latest photo of my parents' cats. The "baby" is now bigger than the other one. Here he is aggressively cleaning his older sister.

5 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Hey, we LOVED having Mom and Sis at our table! Don't they just want to move here now, after meeting us?!! Luv ya, Mom!

Hey, there's me! What the heck am I wearing? Oh, that was my tired night. I still LOVE that pic!!

Poker Run: They drive to different destinations, and grab a playing card. At the end of the ride, whoever has the best hand WINS!! Yay! I have no idea what they win, actually...they probably donate it to charity, those Harley guys are pretty big-hearted.

It's amazing how fast they grow up, isn't it?

Momo said...

GNG: I hoped none of you would mind the photo - it's a horrible one of me - but I still love the photo, too!

Thanks for the Poker Run info. That makes sense to me now! It was a fantastic sight - nothing like the one you described to me though. They do have big hearts.

That cat is one big fat cat now!!

BostonPobble said...

I was about to ask if that was GNG in that pic at the coffee shop. very cool. ain't it great to have friends like this???? glad you had such a great time.

ilaiy said...

We loved you Mama .. How is she doing ... Tell her we would love her to come back .. So we could invite her for dinner ..

./thanks
ilaiy

Paradise Driver said...

In a "poker run" the people ride to different locations. At each stop they are given a playing card. At the final destination, the one with the best poker hand wins whatever prize is being offered.

Used by car clubs, motorcycle clubs and I even played it once during a block party marathon dinner. Thats where each course of a meal is served at a different house on the block and everyone moves from house to house through the night.