Monday, April 03, 2006

Tommy has a new home!!

I went home Friday night expecting to try, try again introducing the cats to each other. My husband greeted me at the car: "I think I might have found a home for Tommy."

His dad wanted him.

I was a little conflicted. The li'l girl in me (probably the biggest part of me - let's face it) screamed: "It's MY cat!!!!" But, Tommy needs a home. We have five cats. Our cats didn't seem to take to him very well and we don't need anymore cats. Let's be sensible here. I also know that Mike's parents will give him a good home. They are cat lovers like we are. Where else could Mike have gotten it from?

OK, we take a road trip to deliver the kitty. It's about 70 miles to Mike's parents' house. Tommy is not a good rider. He screamed so loudly I decided to let him out of the carrier so that he could walk around freely.


He finally calmed down after we were almost there:


We arrived and he made himself at home right away. He is going to be a very happy kitty.









1 comment:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Aww, a happy ending. Loved the pix, esp. the one with him crawling across the steering wheel. He looks pretty content in his new home.