Sunday, January 04, 2009

Home

Home is a lot of things to a lot of people.

We got home around 3:30 A.M. Eastern time Saturday morning. It was a looooooong trip home. We stopped and bought a portable DVD player for Bilda so that she'd be entertained. And entertained she was! She didn't even sleep except for 30 minutes or so. She has developed a cough she picked up somewhere along the way and that eventually made for a cranky baby.

Thankfully, we made it home safely. I realize how blessed I am. I think about it all the time. If I had nothing but my husband and our daughter - - I could live contently forever.

But I can't help to wish for more. I want to be HOME with my family and loved ones. My only regret about leaving here would be the gorgeous weather...so I wish to bring the NC weather HOME...or I wish I could bring everyone and all the things that remind me of home here. It's hard. I'll have a heavy heart for a while. And my eyes will mist up quickly at just the thought or smell of home. I can smell my mom's house on the clothes I washed there. I found a coffee flavor I want to share with my dad. I want to hang out and talk with my sister. I want to see them WHENEVER I feel like it. I just can't do that right now and it's terrible.

I look to the future and I KNOW I'll be home or, at least, very close to home soon. When????????????? I have no idea.

But what a happy time that will be.

2 comments:

BostonPobble said...

If it helps at all to know you're not alone in this, know you're not alone in this. We'll both be HOME again. I have faith.

Momo said...

Thank you, Pobble! Your words do help...it is nice to know I'm not the only one!