Sunday, November 02, 2008

Follow Up


You know how I wrote that I was nervous to wear my Obama shirt around here?? Well, I've been surprisingly pleased with my response. I can actually say that I've never noticed any one disapproving of my shirt. For that I am thankful. But I am all the more thankful for the positive looks and comments I've gotten. The overwhelming comment??? Where did you get your shirt??? Well, I got it online from Obama's website. Not expensive at all although it took it a few weeks to ship.

But, yesterday, one of the best responses ever from our waiter at a Chinese buffet. He loved the shirt! Said that it gave him goosebumps. Now, that is a great effect!

It is absolutely thrilling for me to meet an Obama supporter (especially out here in this part of NC). There is an instant bond. And the rarity of it makes it all the more special.

Ironically, here is Mike's fortune from yesterday's visit when we met the enthusiastic waiter:


This campaign has been about HOPE for me. Not only would I have gone to the booth and voted yesterday because I have been discontented - - but I went because I was proud to cast my vote for Barack Obama. No surprise to me, I teared up as I blackened the oval beside his name.

I just can't wait for Tuesday night!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I voted on Saturday! I think he's going to take NC. There were a lot of people at the polls when I went and they were overwhelmingly there for Obama. :)

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

I know, For some reason I got emotional watching his 1/2 hour tv spot the other night. I might get worked up about politics, but usually not tearing up!