Friday, January 04, 2008

Ode to the Old House




We sold the house
(got screwed on the deal)
I'm sadder than I can say
(or even let myself feel)

Though it was old, it was sturdy
In winter it was cold
But still warm and inviting
Not often clean
Unless we planned something exciting

Days spent dreaming of our future...just lazing
The water in that town - yellow and stinky
Not fit for human consumption
or even just bathing

Still, I will miss it
I want to live there again
forever
happy
together

Unlike this townhome,
Plenty of room for five cats

Hope the new owners love it,
take care of the bunnies
and enjoy the bats.

2 comments:

journaljim said...

Hey Marc,
I hope everything is going well for you. Lori left for L.A. this morning and suddenly our house is my house again. :(
She will be back in February but then we will be facing her moving back here from L.A. and I am sure she will be writing a similar ode to California which she will terribly miss. I am not going anywhere here other than to say hang in there.
jim

Momo said...

Jim:

Thanks for the kind words! I understand what you mean - Mike and I were "long distance" for a while. Not so long distance as you and Lori though...

It is an exciting time for you two! I wish you all the best! Moving to be with Mike was the best thing I ever did!

Thanks again for writing...