Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Dockwalk

When the weather is nice, Matilda and I get in the car and go downtown for a walk. I've tried walking around the neighborhood but there aren't any sidewalks and we adjoin a very busy street so it's hard not to get ran over.

So, a few blocks down is the newly erected "dockwalk". It seemed pretty enough. Heck, they have condos right there that start at $599,900



(they have an elevator in each one!) Please call or visit the website and purchase one for me. The elevator seems so exciting!



We took our little walk and came across these:



What are they? A closer look...


Oysters. Yet another reason I probably will never eat one:



They seem attracted to icky things! I mean, what was that pipe carrying? I shudder to think. And why is that pipe still there???

Ironically, there's this sign.



Who would want to?



Granted, the water/tide is low this time of year and no one would have ever seen what was under the water. Except for the lovely new dockwalk they have built, this amateur sleuth...

And her junior detective:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Matilda looks just like you!! We miss you guys in Champaign! We got about 7-10 inches of snow today, if that helps to miss IL less:) Keep the posts coming!

-Kara (from Kara & Chuck)

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

She's George-ous!

Momo said...

Kara!! GREAT to hear from you! I hope you and Chuck had a wonderful wedding! (I'm sure you did!) I'd love to see pics and stuff...e-mail me if you'd like: momo201@hotmail.com. Take care, you two!

GNG: Thank you! I think so, but who am I??? I mean, who I am? ;0)