Monday, February 05, 2007

OKC

I visited lovely Oklahoma City over the weekend. My husband was down there going to school/training for his job. I can't say it's the most beautiful of cities...but I can definitely say that wherever he is - I can happily be. We had plenty of places to eat and movies to watch and not a moment was boring...

We find entertainment wherever we can and happened to encounter a few locals we found purty interesting.

First, there was this movie ticket counter lady. She wasn't the friendliest person but she amused me to no end. I tried and tried to get a movie of her "quirk" until I finally succeeded. I overheard the guy in line behind us tell his wife: "She's been trying to do that for a while now." I turned around and smiled at him. "Yes!! I have! This cracks me up!!"





That's her sneezing. Mike asked me why, as a germaphobe who runs from sneezing people, I wasn't grossed out by this woman's sneezing. I don't know - it must be the cute, small little chipmunk-like way she does it...

Then there was THIS guy. We had decided we wanted a fast burger and we wanted to check out Braum's. It's this ice cream shop/fast food place/grocery store all-in-one. We got our burgers and sat down to enjoy them. That's when I noticed this guy. All settled in with his bucket of ice cream.



Yep. A whole bucket of ice cream. He was eating it with his plastic spoon. And drinking milk. At first I thought: "Well...OK. He bought a tub of ice cream and wants to have some right now." But he kept eating and eating and eating. Mike didn't believe me at first. "A bucket?? What do you mean, a bucket??" I finally got him to turn around and look. Aaaaaah, what a weirdy this guy...

Always the people watcher, I kept on observing him. I couldn't help but notice he was digging further and further into his bucket. Man! He was eating a lot! Then, I thought I saw a huge ball of ice cream on top of...something. The table? A plate?? Thankfully, the guy got up (to get a tissue of all things...wonder WHY he needed that???) and I rushed over there to click a photo. I headed back to my table just as Mike was signaling that the guy was on his way back...I closed my phone and acted casual....and lost that photo forever. What did he have over there on his table??? It was a melon sized ice cream "snowball" he had scooped onto the lid of his ice cream carton. I mean, he did all that with a plastic spoon????

I kick myself for losing that photo. No one's ever going to believe me.

Then again, maybe no one else finds this as strange/funny as I do. And maybe I'm the weirdo for stalking and blogging this guy.

P.S. No one is safe now that I have a camera on my phone. Not even me...I'm going to end up arrested or sued or something...

4 comments:

EdotR said...

a bucket of ice cream??!!

Why do you mention Ice Cream so much!! I can't have any right now!!!!!

The streets shall fear you now with your camera phone..sort of like me over here with my cam...

Momo the Paparrazi..stalking ice cream eaters everywhere!!

The Portly Gentleman in Aisle 5 said...

That sneeze, that dreadful, dreadful sneeze. It will haunt my nightmares.

Sven said...

I know someone who sneezes like that. It makes me roar every time!

Thou art tagged.

Anonymous said...

I have family in OKC, and I used to love going to Braum's as a kid, until I saw a guy throw up there one time, on the table right next to me, no doubt after downing a bucket of ice cream.