Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

And, I know Christmas is loooooong gone but I wanted to post two things about my trip home to see my family. Well, maybe more than two...

I really enjoy seeing my family. And the anticipation of Christmas always makes me soooo excited. My mother always made sure my sister and I had a wonderful Christmas and this year was no exception. It was fabulous. I got everything I wanted.

My mom put up a special new tree:


It's mounted on the wall. The picture may not do it justice, but it was gorgeous. I thought it looked like something out of a magazine.

And look as this cute present I got from my mom.


Doesn't that look like a gigantic piece of candy??? (It was a pair of slippers).

Last, but not least, I have this story and video of my dad. I had asked for a John Denver greatest hits CD and, of course, I got it. I opened it up and announced what it was and my dad was incredulous. "How come no one gets me a good gift like that???"

I brought him his CD tower where he found his own John Denver greatest hits (that I think I bought him several years ago) and many other CDs that he'd forgotten about. It was Christmas many times over for him! So, we put in the John Denver CD and I snuck this video:




Turns out, my dad drove a chartered bus for John Denver's family once and got to sit in the family box during a John Denver concert. Dad said that he didn't stop playing for three hours. He let the orchestra take a break while he kept right on strumming his guitar and singing. How could I have forgotten this story??? Sounds amazing.

Wait, wait - one more thing. Here's a pic of me and my parents' kitty, Archie. We're just two fat cats relaxing and having a great time.

7 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Love love love the video of Dad singing...now I see where you get your singin' genes!

EdotR said...

Aww that was the sweetest vid!!! I love him singing with the cat all nestled in his arms!!!!

And boy do I wish that present was a gigantic piece of candy..I'm craving sweets!!!

Sounds like a great X-mas!!
By the way..our X-mas isn't over yet..we still have a few more festive days, so you're all welcome to join us!! lol!

Jamie said...

I love it! Merry Christmas!

Wendy said...

That is so wonderful! Thanks for the amazing video and stories! Your father has a beautiful voice.

Spider Girl said...

A very sweet post Momo!..thanks for sharing your video. Heh, I'm still busy celebrating Christmas too. :)

I have that CD too and its the absolute best for singing along to while you paint a room. I've done a lot of home renovations these last few years and I know this for sure!

Marvellous tree too, by the way. It DOES look like something out of a magazine!

ilaiy said...

Nice video .. Happy New year marcy, mike and the kid. It has been so long since I spoke to you guys .. Miss you guys and have a wonderful year ..

./thanks
ilaiy

Justin said...

It was really funny to see the photo of the pair of slippers wrapped like a giant candy. LOL!!
And I liked Archie too. he is soo sweet.
And hey, check this post on my new kitty friends. Hope u'll love them as I do.