Friday, July 28, 2006

Mini Vacation Part Deux

The next day we traveled to Purina Farms .

We arrived pretty late in the day (par for the course for us). We wandered around and came across the largest bunny I have ever seen:



I loved this bunny! I couldn't believe the size of it. And, as sick as I am, I couldn't believe how much it acted just like a cat.



I also got a kick out of how much it enjoyed drinking water.



We came across some funky chickens and geese. Here's Mike noticing a strange goose.




Close-up of the goose:



Then, we ventured over to the dog area. I'm not really a dog person but, these dogs were different. First, I just noticed how cute they were:




Imagine my surprise then when I saw that the dogs are trained "professionals"!





At Purina Farms, they adopt stray dogs, train them and enter them in agility competitions.

Here is my absolute favorite, mutt, extremely lovable doggie:





One doggie was a little spastic:





Cat Whisperer in action:



We had a lovely day at the farm and I'd go back in a second. In time to catch those little doggies strut their stuff on the course!

3 comments:

EdotR said...

That bunny looks like it came directly from the "Wallace & Grommit" flick!!

I sooo totally need a vacation like yours!

Twisted DNA said...

You are crazy about pets and animals aren't you? :)

Jamie said...

That would have been something I would have enjoyed!