Wednesday, March 22, 2006

CATsNAP

Champaign Area Trap Spay/Neuter and Adoption Program. www.catsnap.org

This is a FABULOUS organization. I cannot say enough about them. They currently have my stray kitty. Well, the volunteer vet at the animal control facility has him. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with him after I pick him up today. (We will, at the very least, be his foster home.)

Anyway, back to this wonderful organization - CATsNAP. They are a no kill shelter in the Champaign-Urbana area. If you have a stray kitty and you are strapped for cash, they will spay/neuter and vaccinate the cat for free and/or would appreciate a small donation to their cause.

I, for one, believe in their cause. I got choked up while talking to their generous vet, Gretchen Reed (sp?) out of LeRoy. I thanked her for her time and generousity. (Well, I tried too.) I told her that I have five cats and I just don't know how I could adopt another one. She has eight kitties and provides a foster home for others. What an amazing woman - the type of woman I can aspire to be.

2 comments:

Spider Girl said...

One of my good friends is the founder of a similar program called MEOW (Make Every One Wanted). You're right--a very godd cause!

(I'm a kitty person too, although I just have two cats currently). :)

Momo said...

Spider Girl: Thanks for writing! It is a good cause. I wish I could be the founder of such a foundation. I seriously would - if I had the time and the moolah.

Your two cats are very lucky, I'm sure!