Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Burger King

I’m sure everyone – at one time or another – has gotten a call in the middle of the night. Usually, your heart jumps into your throat (and then out of your body) as you scramble for the phone thinking the worst possible things could be happening…

But, this time it’s only:
















Yes, Burger King. Not – THE KING – I’m sure. And this was happening to us way before the King came out. It’s some sort of FAX or DATA TRANSMISSION or some other blasted thing. They’ve called at some of the strangest times too. As I said, it’s usually in the middle of the night when we’re dead asleep. Though they did call once around 3:00 a.m. when we happened to be up trying to catch a bat inside our house. [A story for another blog(s) someday.]

Anyway, this last time happened to be after I’d stayed up watching the Oscars. I got to bed later than usual. I had finally almost fallen to sleep and the phone rings. Who is it???????

Of course, it’s friggin’ Burger King!!!!! I hadn’t gotten a call from them in a few months. I pick up the phone and hang up on them. BK calls back and I let them leave a message.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Blip!!

I pick up the phone and hang up on the message. Who knows how long it could go on??? Plus, I have the cats in bed with me and I don’t want them to leave ‘cause of the loud, annoying message.

Whew! This is a long blog for me.

OK, I have previously called my phone company AND Burger King customer service. BK claims that they don’t recognize this number. Well, I called my phone company again yesterday and here’s their advice:

“Dial: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 and then hang up.”

ME: “Ooooo-kay. What if that doesn’t work?”

THEM: “Just a second….clickety-clackety-click-click-clack...”

“My coworker says that she usually tells people to dial 2 seven times.”

Now, she did try to locate the number to no avail and then asked me if I had tried a reverse look-up.

Yeah. Duh. I have. I haven’t found it.

We’ll see what happens if those b@$%@&$ call back.

(That’s Lucky helping me arrange the phone for the picture.)

2 comments:

The Portly Gentleman in Aisle 5 said...

You could always just buy a fax machine, plug it in before bed, and steal all of the secrets Burger King is trying to relay in the wee hours of the morning. Oh the power you could have...

Momo said...

I love that idea!!! I hadn't thought of that!

The mystery has been solved. My friend Amy (aka "Super Sleuth")used a different reverse look-up directory and determined that it was a Springfield number. She then found the phone # and I called it. I got the manager and after much delay, I said: "At least let me give you my phone number..."

After I did - a lightbulb went off in the guy's head.

"Oooooohhh yeah, that's our District Manager's fax number."

Different area code of course. He said he'd tell them to be more careful.

Mystery solved!!! And next time they try to fax me in the middle of the night - I'll call those blankety-blanks back and tell them what's what.