Monday, October 24, 2005

Objectification

Over the weekend, my husband and I went to our normal Saturday bar for a few drinks with friends. Mike always picks up this little college paper and reads it there. He likes the politcal views in the paper. He stumbled along this disturbing image:



This is a REAL PERSON that we've seen downtown. The Pokemon catch phrase printed accross his picture has a double entendre that I find alarming. My friend, gnightgirl, has already blogged about this and received a comment from the owner of the paper this lovely picture was printed in (www.theboozenews.com). Check out her blog ("This Just In" - see link on my blog) if you're interested. They say they gave THEM sandwiches and money for their time. (Wait, there's going to be more of these cards?!?!?!) I've just written them this morning and will post a reply if I receive one.

And if you're appalled and live in the area - then please write the people at the magazine. And whoever else you can.

2 comments:

Momo said...

I'm glad you agree, Guido. I've written them to see if they'll quit publishing the cards. I know of a few others that have too. We'll see if they take our opinions seriously.

ilaiy said...

Haa I saw these cards and mailed them abt the same ... The replied back with the same with a standard reply hopefull willnot get to see something like this in the next issue..

./thanks
ilaiy