Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Goings on at the Park

I work accross from West Side Park in Champaign. Things alwasy seem to happen here.

For instance, this morning as I get out of my car:
  • I think I hear an orchestra. I think: "OK, they're getting ready for Taste of Champaign later this week....Uh, nope. It's the "homeless" guy in his "home"/car blasting classical music. Normally this time of year, he's got his hatch open and is blasting a rap concert. That's fine with me too - except for that whole noise violation thing.
  • There is a man sleeping on top of a picnic table. Maybe you've seen this sort of thing before. I'm sure that I have but there's one difference this time. The man is not shirtless, sunbathing or stoned looking. He's wearing khaki pants and a button down shirt. It's 8:30 (or so) in the morning. What gives????

5 comments:

ilaiy said...

Well could be stress .. But that is a little crazy ...

./thanks
ilaiy

Jamie said...

Yeah I drive by one of "those" when I go to work too. Seeing the crack whore dance in the Church's parking lot has actually become the hightlight of my day.

Twisted DNA said...

May be he accidentally drank decaf :D

Jamie said...

I just left Tuffy a treat on Catster!

The Portly Gentleman in Aisle 5 said...

So I made base camp in the park for a few hours during my walk of shame. Sue me.