Monday, January 09, 2006

Rat a tat Cat

I don't quite have this food thing worked out yet and it's not from lack of trying. First of all, we have five cats. We feed them three types of food. Ol' G gets ol' man/kidney trouble cat food. Lucky gets diabetic food. Ally was just recently put on the fast track to adulthood and is eating fat-cat food.

Where do we store all of this cat food? Well, our downstairs stand-up shower serves as a good place to keep the 20 lb. bags of food out of reach. See, kitties are hunters, scavengers and -- really -- a lot like rats. They claw and scratch their way to any food they can find. Case in point: this picture. This cabinet has a childproof lock on it - it's where I keep the bins of fat-cat food. We hear this door banging at all hours of the night. Sometimes they manage to get a paw in there and knock the food over. But, damn they sure are cute...

2 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Someone needs to put a lock like that on my food, so I can drop some of this holiday-induced pound-age.

Momo said...

Don't they do that for those sleep-walker-eaters? Lock their fridge?? I'd be moving out of a house with a locked-up fridge so fast it'd make yer head spin. Then I'd move into the nearest McDonald's and eat my heart out!! :0)